Telegram for the Raspberry pi!
Telegram is booming. After Facebook bought Whatsapp, in 1 day almost 500.000 people switched to Telegram.
Telegram is more secure, And it works flawless! It’s also multiplatform
sudo apt-get update [ENTER] sudo apt-get install git-core [ENTER] sudo apt-get install libreadline-dev libconfig-dev libssl-dev lua5.2 liblua5.2-dev [ENTER] git clone https://github.com/vysheng/tg.git && cd tg [ENTER] ./configure [ENTER] make [ENTER] -> If make commando fails: sudo apt-get install make
And typ “make” again.
Now the install is done!
Start Telegram with the following command:
./telegram -k tg.pub [ENTER]
Hit the TAB key on your keyboard.
Enter your Phonenumber, including your landcode (for Holland it is +31)
You will get a message on your mobile phone with a conformation code, enter it and hit “Enter”
READY, Use following commands to use Telegram.
And use the TAB key to auto complete commmands/names. If you have a girl called Sandra in your list, and you will send here a message. You can typ “Sand” and hit TAB. tab will auto complete it to Sandra.
How to send message to sandra:
msg Sandra Hello sandra, how are you doing? [ENTER]
- msg <peer> Text – sends message to this peer
- fwd <user> <msg-seqno> – forward message to user. You can see message numbers starting client with -N
- chat_with_peer <peer> starts one on one chat session with this peer. /exit or /quit to end this mode.
- add_contact <phone-number> <first-name> <last-name> – tries to add contact to contact-list by phone
- rename_contact <user> <first-name> <last-name> – tries to rename contact. If you have another device it will be a fight
- mark_read <peer> – mark read all received messages with peer
- send_photo <peer> <photo-file-name> – sends photo to peer
- send_video <peer> <video-file-name> – sends video to peer
- send_text <peer> <text-file-name> – sends text file as plain messages
- load_photo/load_video/load_video_thumb <msg-seqno> – loads photo/video to download dir
- view_photo/view_video/view_video_thumb <msg-seqno> – loads photo/video to download dir and starts system default viewer
- chat_info <chat> – prints info about chat
- chat_add_user <chat> <user> – add user to chat
- chat_del_user <chat> <user> – remove user from chat
- rename_chat <chat> <new-name>
- search <peer> pattern – searches pattern in messages with peer
- global_search pattern – searches pattern in all messages
- create_secret_chat <user> – creates secret chat with this user
- visualize_key <secret_chat> – prints visualization of encryption key. You should compare it to your partner’s one
- user_info <user> – prints info about user
- history <peer> [limit] – prints history (and marks it as read). Default limit = 40
- dialog_list – prints info about your dialogs
- contact_list – prints info about users in your contact list
- suggested_contacts – print info about contacts, you have max common friends
- stats – just for debugging
- show_license – prints contents of GPLv2
- help – prints this help